The call for applicants for the Spanish edition of our Script Revision Lab is now OPEN
The call for applicants for the English edition is now closed
We received submissions from applicants from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, France, India, Ireland, Lebanon, Mexico, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Panama, the Philippines, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America
Good luck to all applicants!
About the lab
The Script Revision Lab gives independent filmmakers from around the world the opportunity to work intensively on their feature-length narrative scripts in an environment structured to foster professional collaboration and high-quality script development.
The lab has a duration of 15 days, with a two-day follow-up session, and has two editions: one in English and one in Spanish.
The lab is facilitated by a professional in the field with long-standing experience. In addition to the script guidance provided by the facilitator through workshop sessions and one-on-one meetings, participants have ample time for writing. The lab offers the participants the opportunity to workshop their projects with other international filmmakers, be part of a community of like-minded artists, and access the Cine Qua Non Lab film professional network.
The Script Revision Lab will be held online and will have a duration of 15 consecutive days, with a two-day follow-up session.
- English edition: The lab sessions will take place between August 1st and September 5th, 2021. The follow-up session will be held in November/December 2021.
- Spanish edition: The lab sessions will take place between November 1st and December 5th, 2021. The follow-up session will be held in February/March 2022.
- English edition: The call for applicants is now closed.
- Spanish edition: The application deadline is Sunday, August 15th, 2021.
- Writers or writer/directors developing a narrative feature film
- Only completed narrative feature scripts ready for the revision process
- Co-written scripts are eligible, but only one person per project will be accepted to the lab
- Proof of ownership/copyright of the script
- Online application
- A current résumé or CV
- A synopsis of the story, including the ending (up to three pages)
- The script in its entirety
- A copy of official registration/ ownership/ copyright of the script
There is a non-refundable application fee of 25 USD.
The fee for attending the lab is 2,500 USD. This fee is required upon acceptance to the lab. In case of cancellation more than 15 days prior to the starting date of the lab, there is a 50% refund of the attendance fee. There is no refund in case of cancellation less than 15 days prior to the starting date.
Fees are payable via PayPal.
All applicants accepted to the lab will be offered a grant towards their participation and will be charged only 1,500 USD.
Participants must give official recognition to Cine Qua Non Lab in the future production of their work, by including an acknowledgement and the Cine Qua Non Lab logo in any published rendition of the script, in the project’s website or when applying for additional development labs and funding for the same project, as well as mentioning Cine Qua Non Lab’s support in any interview or article about their project. In addition, once completed, films that have been supported by Cine Qua Non Lab must indicate that support both in the opening and closing credits, by displaying the Cine Qua Non Lab logo and the caption “Developed with the support of Cine Qua Non Lab”. Participants are also required to give recognition to the lab facilitator with an on-screen credit of script consultant.
All applications will be read and evaluated by a jury panel comprised of film professionals. Applicants short-listed by the Selection Committee for consideration in the final round of evaluations may be interviewed by video conference.
For further information, please address inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.